Working with an architect should be a positive, collaborative experience. Marshall’s goal with each client is to create a new home or rework an existing home that will: meet your space needs, enhance how your family lives, be visually pleasing and contextually appropriate, and meet your budget.
A typical project might proceed as follows:
- The Initial Consultation: This first meeting is a chance for Marshall to visit the property and to talk about your goals and ideas.
- Master Plan/Schematic Design: Marshall will develop design alternatives and discuss them with you in follow up meetings. Once a design is chosen, Marshall can assist in an initial check of the project cost. If you have not yet chosen a builder, Marshall can help contact and select a suitable builder for the project.
- Construction Documents: Once you are comfortable with the proposed design and its estimated cost, a full set of architectural documents will be completed for construction and permitting. During this phase, Marshall will continue to refine the project details, discuss options for materials, interior and exterior finishes, and building elements such as windows, doors, and mechanical systems.
- Permitting/Bidding: Marshall will assist with the building permit process. Should you elect to seek competitive bids, Marshall will coordinate the requests for bids, and advise you on the bid submissions.
- Construction Administration: During construction, Marshall will continue to advise and guide you through the process. He is on call to answer question from the field, provide additional sketches, review shop drawings and requisitions for payment, and attend regular project coordination meetings.